9 Sept 2013

Seizing the day



I had planned a rather traditional what-we-did-on-our-summer holiday/hints of autumn post. Whilst away we spotted native crayfish, met dear friends in a beautiful garden, came face to face with great crested newts, ate delicious food (I made buttery parmesan-laden polenta with mushrooms - it's SO good) and spent time with family. 

Sometimes though, an idea for a project seizes me. You know the feeling - it just presents itself, fully formed inside the noggin and resistance is futile. I had to carpe the crafty diem.


So, during a quick trip to buy Autumn tights for the little ones I pounced on some plain long-sleeved T shirts. I ferreted in the cupboard for my fabric pens, practised some doodles and went for it. After a brief spell under the iron I was done. The girls have happy-making new tops and I have that slight glow that comes from a quick, satisfying project.

Right, we're off to pick more blackberries from our top secret squirrel location....