2 Mar 2012

Knit Relief



I've been following the blog Teen Granny for a while now. It's written by a sixteen year old who bakes fondant fancies that would make Mr Kipling weep. She has also whipped up several people, including Prince William, made of knit. It's an excellent read.



Readers of my blog will know that yarn skills are not my strong suit, so when Teen Granny announced Knit Relief, an Ebay auction of handmade things to raise money for Sports Relief, there was only one way forward. I was not about to run a marathon or suddenly be able to knit the Queen. The solution had to be a silvery one. After making a few sewing necklaces in recent months I was keen to make a fine silver knitting necklace. I'm hoping it will raise a little for this great cause.



If you would like to contribute a handmade something (as you see, it does not have to be made of yarn) to the Knit Relief auction then Teen Granny's contact details are in this blogpost. It's not too late to contribute and she'd love to hear from you. 

Meanwhile...



...here are some sneak peaks...



...of the new silvery Spring things I have been making for my Etsy shop and the Selvedge Spring Fair.

More on these next week, along with the final mosaics from the fabulously uplifting Making Winter project.