19 Mar 2012

Spring Studio



Last week I Spring cleaned the studio.



I changed my postcard/inspiration wall to match the new season. I left the painted vintage seedtrays where they were. They're ready for Open Studios in July and with the addition of a few tacks are great for displaying my jewellery.



The collection of postcards is a little more colourful than last summer, which I think stems from the sudden blast of Spring colour in the garden and from the enamelled colour I've been adding to my silver recently (new items will be in my etsy shop soon).

I adore the patchwork curtains Thriftyhousehold made for me.



The piece of bright vintage embroidered trim I found on Etsy (draped amongst the seedtrays and postcards in the second image) is a favourite recent find. £2 bought me 3 metres of Spring happiness.



My studio had a very exciting visitor on Friday. She and I sat up there and chatted and drank tea and ate apple cake.



I'll be able to reveal more about this in June.



Meanwhile littlest has recovered from the horrid 'flu she had last week and is enjoying being up in the studio with me today.

Edited to add: I will be holding a silver clay workshop here at the cottage on Saturday 5th May. More details here.